There are so many nooks and crannies on the Shrine's grounds. This was my favorite because I had no idea it was coming. Background: last night I saw an angel and Mary quite a ways from the road/tour and I remarked to Tanner that I wish I could get close enough to take a picture. So today I took this path, thinking it would take me there. I was greeted with lots of cactus, enormous rocks and these awesome thorn plants.
The path was curvy to the point that I had no idea where I would come out. I rounded the corner and...whoa. Didn't see this coming.
This is The Lady of Guadalupe. She took my breath away. I stood there for a few moments, totally stunned. I love all of the flowers, gifts and votive offerings that have been left behind. If it wouldn't have been below freezing, I would've stayed there for a while. I don't know what it is about holy places like this, but I'm always surprised by the profound silence. You can almost feel it.
The chill finally got to me and I headed back to the car. My next stop was the annunciation wall -- my original destination. One thing I appreciate about the Catholics is their tendency to kneel when they pray. There are kneelers at all of these little shrines. I actually took advantage of this one. Then I headed back to the car. On my way out, I saw this angel up in a tree.
Adequately caffeinated and completely at peace, I headed back over to the club. Tanner won his last match and now we're finally home. So I'm going back to bed.








No comments:
Post a Comment